To support the global transition to Net Zero.
To find and develop undervalued world-beating clean and renewable technologies.
Strategy & Business Model:
- Time To ACT (TTA) is an aggregator platform intending to list on the Stock Market (either the LSE Main Market/Standard List or the AIM Market).
- We operate a blended strategy of organic development and acquisition/buy-and-build.
- We have built a small but growing portfolio of businesses within a model where capable business-level management teams are responsible for executing their own strategy.
- The Time To ACT parent organisation comprises a thin corporate overhead capable of delivering significant amounts of value
Fledgling businesses are incubated through their early stages by a Chairman provided by a Core businesses.
Business model role-models:
- IP Group plc – early-stage businesses, IP-rich, ESG governance criteria (but non-control shareholdings and only part-Cleantech)
- Melrose plc – thin corporate overhead, empowerment of businesses, (but mature businesses and Buy/Improve/Sell modality)
- Halma plc – organic and acquired growth, long-term portfolio management, strong corporate culture
What makes our business model unique?
- Our “Best Owner” principle means that we deploy patient-to-permanent, capital – being in perpetuity or until such time as a new best-owner may emerge. We are stepping into a market space left vacant by the VCT industry, which has failed to capitalise on the funding opportunity in SME Cleantech & Renewables engineering
- We are an operator and not a fund or fund-manager. Our target businesses are early and later-stage SMEs.
- Our operational expertise comprises:
o Strategic planning assistance
o Commercialisation advice
o Financial and financing expertise, including capital allocation
o Technology support (through our Technology Advisory Panel, benchmarking against TRL and MRL scales)
Our multi-faceted Board of Directors helps SMEs to “punch above their weight”
- We combine a conventional plc Board, but where each Non-Executive Director has the skillsets to undertake specific executive projects if required, with an Executive Board.
- Our Independent Non-Executive Directors fulfil the required governance roles.
- The Board and our businesses are supported by our Technology Advisory Panel, which includes mechanical, electro-mechanical, electro-magnetic, chemical and metallurgical engineering skills.
- Each new technology, whether evolved through in-house development or brought in through acquisition, has a “Technology Champion”.
- The Technology Advisory Panel is both our R&D support and our acquisition hopper.
Board oversight focuses on three important matters:
- Business performance against plan – via a monthly reporting template/KPIs
- Risk assessments – identified in IPO process and regularly reviewed
- Challenge and evaluate strategy – 1x per year/calendar Q2 (AMJ = business planning, budgeting, revalidation)
Milestones & Outcomes:
The next major milestone for Time To ACT will be its Q4 2022 Initial Public Offering.
Our targeted outcome is to deliver an appropriate blend of sustainable value, a positive ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) impact, and acceptable financial returns